Latest Alerts - Goret to El Camino del Cerro
Thank you for your interest in the Silverbell Road project.
The Silverbell Road Project utility relocation is underway. In advance of the roadway construction, the utility companies are required to relocate their facilities out of the way of the future roadway. During this work the traveling public can expect the following:
Ongoing Utility Work:
Multiple utility and communication companies (Tucson Electric Power, Lumen, Southwest Gas, Tucson Water and more) are working along Silverbell Road. Crews are relocating their services to accommodate the widening of Silverbell Road, between Goret Road and El Camino del Cerro.
- On Wednesday, June 8, from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., Tucson Electric Power will be working at Silverbell Road and Goret Road. Workers will be flagging traffic as needed. Motorists should anticipate being temporarily stopped at times during the work.
- On Thursday, June 9, from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., Tucson Electric Power will be working at the intersection of Silverbell Road and Sweetwater Drive. Police officers will be directing traffic.
- During the week of June 13, Tucson Electric Power will be pulling wires and adjusting poles. Large trucks, construction vehicles, and workers may be entering and exiting the roadway and motorists will be shifted from side to side during this work.
- Motorists should be aware of construction activity and drive with caution. Be aware that workers could be flagging traffic as needed and motorists could be temporarily stopped at times.
- As a reminder, the speed limit throughout the work zone is 25 mph.
Thank you for your patience and support on this project. For further questions, please contact Millie@kaneenpr.com or call 520-885-9009.
Silverbell Road Project Team
NOTE: FOR FUTURE CONSTRUCTION UPDATES, PLEASE CHECK THE SILVERBELL WEBSITE - http://www.silverbellroad.info/alerts
View Alert PDF
60% Design Open House
The 60% Design Open House was held November 14, 2016.
The Tucson Department of Transportation & Mobility, the Pima County Department of Transportation (PCDOT), and the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) held an open house for the public to review the preliminary 60% design plans for the roadway improvements on Silverbell Road, between Goret Road and El Camino del Cerro. Representatives from the Tucson Department of Transporation & Mobility, PCDOT, RTA and the Project Team were available to discuss the overall project and answer any questions the public might have. Your input is important to us.
Silverbell Road Phase 1 Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Construction Alerts - Grant to Goret
Construction was completed in January 2017.
- Traffic Alert - December 2, 2016
- Traffic Alert - November 10, 2016
- Traffic Alert - October 26, 2016
- Traffic Alert - October 21, 2016
- Traffic Alert - September 30, 2016
- Traffic Alert - September 27, 2016
- Traffic Alert - September 12, 2016
- Traffic Alert - July 21, 2016
- Traffic Alert - July 13, 2016
- Traffic Alert - June 22, 2016
- Traffic Alert - May 18, 2016
- Traffic Alert - May 6, 2016
- Traffic Alert - April 27, 2016